Monday, March 16, 2009
cakes for me to bake for them...So I started off with
this very soft cheesecake for them to share with their
250g cream cheese
100ml fresh milk
60g plain flour
20g corn flour
6 egg yolks
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ tsp salt
6 egg whites
¼ tsp cream of tartar
140g fine granulated / caster sugar
1) Melt cream cheese, butter and milk in a bowl over a pot of water.
2) Cool the mixture.
3) Beat in egg yolks and lemon juice. Fold in flour and mix well.
4) Whisk egg white with cream of tartar until foamy.
5) Add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.
5a) FOLD egg white batter in to cream cheese batter.
6) Pour into aluminium
7) Bake in a water bath for 45 mins or until set or golden brown at 160C.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
I intended to made Barbie doll cake for my younger
gal's b'day this coming May. But since now my niece
requested for the same cake, I shall take this as an
The fondant is rather soft and is not easy to wrap
around the Barbie. It stretches...
But I had tried my best....Happy Birthday Jolyn..
Oops..My cake crack once i inserted the Barbie in.
I should have cut a bigger hole in the centre to
allow more space.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
birthday. I topped those little figurines on the cupcakes
and it looks so beautiful now. Thanks to a friend to
carry those figurines, disney papercups, plates and etc
from US. He has to hand carry all these stuffs for me.
He so wonderful...
OVEN BAKED DONUTS
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
150 gm UHT milk
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
2. Combine the egg, milk, oil, lemon juice and vanilla and mix well.
3. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
4. Coat the tube pans with nonstick cooking spray and dust with 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar. Divide batter among pans.
5. Bake at 180C for 13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
(1 Recipe is good to make 24 mini donuts)
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Got a request to bake this fondant cake for my friend's daughter.
It was a very last min request and I had to bake during 1st day
of CNY. But I wouldn't mind. I enjoyed it very much...
Happy Birthday Vivienne!!
chiffon cake and most of the time, the chiffon will dropped once
inverted. Thanks to Peng, after she advised that it could be my cake
is still wet. So this time round, I bake about extra 10mins longer.
Indeed, it's perfect now. My kids were so delighted to see this chiffon
being so nicely done. The texture is also very soft and spongy
cos I used a mixture of plain flour and cake flour.
Ingredients for egg yolk mixture:
6 egg yolks
2 Tbsp. Pandan juice
150 gm. coconut milk
1/4 tsp. salt
4 tbsp. Corn oil
1 tsp. Pandan Paste
1/4 tsp. Green colouring
60 gm. caster sugar
70 gm. Cake flour
70 gms. Plain flour
Egg White Mixture:
6 egg white
1/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar
100 gm. caster sugar
(1) Mix all the egg yolk ingredients together and stir till smooth.
(2) Whisk egg white with cream of tartar and gradually pour in the sugar.
Whisk at high speed until frothy and stiff peak forms.
(3) Gently fold egg yolk mixture with egg white mixture until blended.
(4) Pour into a 9" (23 cm) tube pan.
Bake at 170C for about 40 to 45 min.s or until cooked.
(5) Remove from oven, invert cake onto cooling rack until completely
cooled before removing from the pan.
(6) Slice and serve.