chiffon cake and most of the time, the chiffon will dropped once
inverted. Thanks to Peng, after she advised that it could be my cake
is still wet. So this time round, I bake about extra 10mins longer.
Indeed, it's perfect now. My kids were so delighted to see this chiffon
being so nicely done. The texture is also very soft and spongy
cos I used a mixture of plain flour and cake flour.
Ingredients for egg yolk mixture:
6 egg yolks
2 Tbsp. Pandan juice
150 gm. coconut milk
1/4 tsp. salt
4 tbsp. Corn oil
1 tsp. Pandan Paste
1/4 tsp. Green colouring
60 gm. caster sugar
70 gm. Cake flour
70 gms. Plain flour
Egg White Mixture:
6 egg white
1/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar
100 gm. caster sugar
(1) Mix all the egg yolk ingredients together and stir till smooth.
(2) Whisk egg white with cream of tartar and gradually pour in the sugar.
Whisk at high speed until frothy and stiff peak forms.
(3) Gently fold egg yolk mixture with egg white mixture until blended.
(4) Pour into a 9" (23 cm) tube pan.
Bake at 170C for about 40 to 45 min.s or until cooked.
(5) Remove from oven, invert cake onto cooling rack until completely
cooled before removing from the pan.
(6) Slice and serve.