Monday, August 17, 2009

Cornflakes cookies again

My elder girl has requested me to bake for her, her all time favourite cookies, to celebrate her birthday tomorrow. Since I did not bake any cake for her, I have to grant her wish. So I went out just to pick up butter, flour and cornflakes to make this cookies specially for her. She was so happy and offer to help me too. While making, she can't help smiling and give me several pecks on my oily cheek....
The cookies were done within 2 hours and all packed into container for her to bring to school to share with her classmates.
Posted by Picasa


Ingredients:
300g Self-raising flour
1 Egg
240g Butter
180g Fine Sugar
1tsp Vanilla Essence
1 big box of cornflakes (325g)
Cherry for decoration (optional)

Methods:
Mix butter, sugar, egg till sugar melts.
Add vanilla essence
Add flour slowly (bit by bit)
Add in crushed cornflakes.
Make it round and place a bit of cherry in the middle.

Bake in 160deg C for 30-40 minutes or till golden brown.

5 comments:

  1. Your cookies look crunchy and nice! I'm sure your girl loves such a heartwarming gift bake with love from mummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, your cornflakes cookies look so delicious. WOuld you mind to share the recipe with me. Can email me @ peachbabyy@hotmail.com. Thanks

    Rdgs,
    Lishan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessie, Thanks. This cookie is my girls favourite ^-^

    Hi Li Shan, Sure! Will put up recipe shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I'm always looking for good cornflakes cookie recipe... Yours look very good and thanks for sharing the recipe.

    I'm definitely going to try!

    ReplyDelete