The weather has been very warm, but it does not stop me
from baking chocolatery cake. Instead of baking it in
oven, this cake call for steaming. I guess steaming cake
will not be as 'heaty' as oven baked cake?
This cake was indeed moist and soft. It was recommended
to me by one of my baking friend, Yew Yen. Thank you
for sharing this great recipe :)
250g fine sugar
200ml evaporated milk
125g plain flour
70g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1. combine sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla essence and butter in a saucepan.
Stir over low heat till sugar dissolved and butter has melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add the beaten eggs into the slightly cooled mixture and stir till well mixed.
3. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda into a large bowl.
4. Add eggs mixture over the flour. Stir till well mixed.
(Batter should be runny).
5. Lined and greased a 9 inch baking tin
6. Pour batter into baking tin and place into a steamer.
7. Cover the top of tin with a piece of aluminum foil.
8. Steam over medium heat for 45 mins.
9. Cool the cake in pan before turning out.
Recipe by Anita Khaw